Wednesday, February 03, 2010

If your life is a mess, go make your bed!



Last year at work our school reached our fund raising goal. As a reward we won a "famous" guest speaker. Debra Dytric came and spoke to all the Future Professionals and staff. You probably have never heard of her, but her resume consists of doing make up for movies like the Matrix and Sweeny Todd. Her most current project is hair and makeup for Trama (NBC)

Anyway, she started her AMAZING presentation by asking for a raise of hands of people who had made their beds that morning. Thanks to my OCD Mom, my hand shot up! She then said " you can tell a lot about people by looking at how they keep their bedrooms. If your life is a mess, your room probably is to. So if your life is a mess, go make your bed!"

I don't know why, out of everything she said this stuck out to me. Sometimes life is crazy, sometimes it sucks and sometimes its hard. But lets be honest, who doesn't feel better when they know their bed is made at home.

1

8 comments:

Tessa said...

I think only the Pollmann girls are like that because I don't know any of my girlfriends that freak out if their bed isn't made!

amyrdh said...

If I make my bed plus everyone else's-does that mean my life is extra screwed up? Growing up, we weren't allowed to go to school until our beds were made and inspected-so my mom tried to raise some bedmakers too :)

Unknown said...

i read tessa's comment and then I was totally going to say only the pollmann's and chandler's make their beds!!! :) amy said it for me though....making my bed is the first thing I do every morning!! :)

Heidi Jansson said...

I bet you can guess whether my bed gets made or not....Gums...update your blog already. I know you are a workin gal but really?

Heidi Jansson said...

And pretty sure that is a Heidi bed...I need one.

blogcommenting said...

bed seeems amazing

waleslandforsale said...

I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part. I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck. Land For Sale

englandlandforsale said...

Excellent post.I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part. I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this certain information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.


Land For Sale in Kent